photo mbs-1.gif  photo mbs-1.gif  photo mbs-1.gif
Agama (Islam) tidak mungkin tegak (jaya) kecuali dengan al-Kitab (Al-Qur'an), al-Mizan (timbangan keadilan) dan al-Hadid (kekuatan besi). Kitab adalah yang memberi petunjuk, sedangkan besilah yang menolongnya. Dengan al-Kitab, tegaklah ilmu dan agama. Dengan al-Mizan hak-hak harta dapat ditunaikan. Dan dengan al-Hadid hukum pidana Islam dapat ditegakkan.(Majmu al-Fatawa : 25/365)

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

HIS IMMENSE ZUHD

SHEIKH 'ABDULLAH 'AZZAM (ASY-SYAHID, INSYAALLAH)


"...Believe me when I tell you that I hate buying new things, new clothes, etc.

One day, I came home to find new sponge cushions with matching sheets. When I saw them, I lost my mind. I said: "By Allah, women have no religion. This must go...where did this come from?" They said: "It is a gift." I said: "It must leave the house. It cannot remain in the house," and I spoke such words to my wife that she was going to pass out. By Allah, she was going to pass out and lose consciousness, and she began to shake. I began to fear for her sanity, by Allah.

But, believe me, brothers, I did not enter the house. Really, I said: "Where did this gift come from?"

She said: "Why does it matter to you? Your guests are here day and night, coming in and out, and I wash the sheets of these mattresses and change them. I change them everyday because the cotton in these Pakistani sheets gets stuck in the creases of the cushions. I am tired, and I found some gold that I had, which I then spent on this to relieve myself a bit."

I said to her: "While the Mujahidin are dying of hunger?"

She said: "I donated a third of the value to the Mujahidin."

I said to her: "Even then, it cannot remain."

From then until now, believe me when I tell you that I never enter the home and see these except that my chest becomes tight. Believe me, we tried removing them from the home in a way that would not result in her passing out again, and may Allah Forgive us all..."

A footnote to this story says that the Shaykh remained insistent upon this until he finally sold the cushions and sheets to a brother for less than their original price.







['Fi Dhilal Surat at-Tawbah'; p. 222]
(SHEIKH 'ABDULLAH YUSUF 'AZZAM (ASY-SYAHID, INSYAALLAH) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...